Saturday, March 23, 2019

I wanna buy a home Part 5: Settlement...what's needed?


The lender has issued a clear-to-close notice to me and the title company will confirm the bank is ready to complete your purchase. 

Your final walk through is now complete.

The final CD (or closing disclosure) will confirm the correct amount of money you need to bring to settlement.

If you are planning on wiring funds, please send the money to the title company at least 24 hours prior to settlement. Wire instructions will be issued from the title company (typically by request via email). For security purposes, I recommend that you call the title company to confirm their account details prior to sending funds.

If you are paying via check, then please have your bank issue a certified check made payable to the title company.  A personal check will not be acceptable.


Be sure to bring photo ID to settlement.  The title/closing officer or settlement attorney will review all your title, tax and loan documents. There is a lot to review and sign so please allow roughly 2 hours to complete settlement.

Tomeka Givens, Realtor®.

Join my FB Group for more good tips.  Sorry Realtors, I love you, but this group is NOT for Realtors.

Any questions? Call/Text me today! 443-845-1137

If you have any further questions, then please contact me:

Tomeka Givens, Realtor®
(443) 845-1137 direct









Real Estate Million Dollar Association Logo

Past client reviews
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Read my real estate blog series Tomeka's Two Cents 
Real estate blurbs

*Wire Fraud is Real*.  Before wiring any money, call the intended recipient at a number you know is valid to confirm the instructions. Additionally, please note that the sender does not have authority to bind a party to a real estate contract via written or verbal communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment